The community benefits from OhioHealth’s mission to improve health and wellness in the areas we serve.
One of the most tangible measures of OhioHealth's value to our communities is the amount of "community benefit" we provide annually. Every single dollar OhioHealth earns is reinvested in our community to improve the quality of care to our patients and their families.
OhioHealth reinvested more than $405 million in the communities we serve.
In fiscal year 2022 (FY22), this included $108 million in charity care and $221 million in unreimbursed Medicaid costs. We do this to improve access to health services, enhance the health of our community and advance healthcare and medical knowledge. Learn more in our 2022 OhioHealth Community Benefit Report.
In addition to providing charity care, we improve community healthcare in many important ways, including:
- Investment in research, innovation and technology to improve quality of care
- Philanthropy that enhances and expands vital healthcare programs and services
- Community outreach and education that deliver essential care to those in need
- Subsidizing essential community health services
- Creating lasting community partnerships that extend our health and wellness ministry
We are proud to work with the communities we serve and look forward to continuing to provide these important and lasting benefits. Thank you for another year of successful partnership that delivers broad benefits to our community.